Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend In Charleston

For Memorial Day weekend my Mom and Dad decided to come and stay for a night in Bamberg and go on a fun Charleston adventure.It was so nice to have my parents over and help them relax a little bit. They both have been working so hard, they really needed a nice relaxing break. So the night they came, we of course had to have a big southern style dinner. Mom and Dad Fudge came over and we all sat down to shrimp and grits, tomato pie, salad and strawberry shortcake. It was delicious, if I do say myself. We had a light breakfast the next morning which consisted of coffee and blueberry muffins. Then we were off to Charleston for the day. We just walked around King Street when we got there and then we enjoyed a wonderful lunch/brunch at 82 Queen. If you have never been to this restaurant...GO. They have the best She-crab soup I have every had in my life. It is like candy. Everyone enjoyed it. After lunch we walked to the Unitarian Church, looked around their graveyard, and then had a lovely tour of the church. Then we walked to some of the Art shows that were part of Spoleto. It was so much fun! For our next trip I promised Mom we would go antiquing in Aiken. Can't wait!
Me and Mom
Mom looking super pretty in pink
Jeremy and Dad
Tombstone in the Unitarian Church's graveyard
Another pretty tombstone in the graveyard
Beautiful stained glass widows
I LOVE the ceiling in this church!

Yall look forward to this week's blog postings! All week Jeremy will be in charge of picking out ALL of my outfits; including shoes, jewelry, and accessories. I'll be taking a picture each day and uploading it. This week should be very interesting... can't wait!

1 comment:

Aquinas' Goose said...

Looking forward to the outfit modeling! Okay, definitely need to go down and have a Charleston day with you and Jeremy :) Sounds like your folks had a simply wonderful (not mention delicious) time.