Monday, January 23, 2012

Packing up

Well I have started the daunting task of packing some of our stuff up. Mom keeps bringing us boxes and I have already run out. I feel like every time she brings a load of boxes I'm like "woah...that's a lot of boxes; we'll never fill all those". WRONG. I barely broke the surface and I'm out of boxes. We don't have anywhere to put said boxes yet so they are starting to take over our living room. I can't wait till Feb. 15 so we can start getting the new house ready to move in. Basically all we need to do is paint a few rooms and we can start taking some (read MOST) of the boxes we have ready to go.

It's kind of sad packing everything up. I really love the house we are in right now but taxes are stupid and it's so expensive living here. Not to mention we are busting at the seams with stuff. Oh and on that note, I'm planning to go through all of our stuff while we are packing and make three piles: throw away, keep, and donate. Does anyone know a good place to donate clothing? Or should I throw a clothing swap party? What do you think?

2 comments:

Aquinas' Goose said...

The only problem with a clothing swap party is that you'll still have clothes to pack up and take with you :P I have a cousin who takes donated clothes which her church sells to benefit their men's support group; and a fellow in Biblical Perspectives at Shandon has a pastor friend who uses donated clothing at his parish.

Casey said...

I donate my stuff to Goodwill. You can go on their website and create a profile to keep track of the things you donate and their value. When you drop the items off at the store, ask for a receipt. Write the value of each overall donation (get a value from your donation list on the website for each time you go) on the receipt and keep it for tax purposes. You can write each donation off on your taxes!