Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Is there such a thing as Dadzilla? lol, jk

We are almost to the 3 month mark! 0_o woah. Ok, so over the past weekend, two of my maids of honor came over and between the two of them, me, my mom and a whole lot of sangria slushy, we got all the invitations made! HURRAY!!! So now, all we have to do is finish the guest list, print out all the labels, stick them onto all the envelopes, put them all together, weigh one of them at the PO, buy some pretty stamps and voila! invitations down. Now we just have to do all of that by the end of July. haha. don't worry I think we can handle it. ;)

This weekend, well actually this Thursday, Mom and I are headed to Charleston! I am going to have my bridal pictures taken at Drayton Hall! I'm really excited!! And one of my maids of honor, Stephanie, is going to meet us there too! The only thing I am worried about is if it rains. It is calling for isolated Thunder Storms. Hopefully it will just be afternoon storms. So cross your fingers. The pictures are going to be from 9:30 to 11:30 so hopefully we will get some great pictures! :)

On Saturday we are going to taste the food that will be at the reception! It will be me, Jeremy, Mom, Dad, and Mom and Dad Fudge. I'm really happy that Mr. and Mrs. Fudge are able to come to the tasting. I want them to feel like they are a big part of this wedding and I really want to hear their opinions.

Okay, back to the title of this post. My Dad has become a Bridezillah. I don't know what to do about it. I keep telling him to chill out. but does he listen to me? no. okay, it started with the drink selection. I think he has flip flopped over a full bar or beer and wine like 5 times now. He also stresses over: what if people have too much to drink? should we have police officers? i think we should hire a police officer? do we need a taxi service? do we need someone to park the cars for people? uggg. Then it was over the rentals. The farmer's almanac says that it will either rain or be cloudy on our wedding day. So Mr. Dupre called Palmetto Party Rental and told them just basics that we might need. A few weeks ago, Mom and I went over there to pick out linens. We figured we did not need a tent and all that stuff because (1) we dont' know what the weather will be like, (2) it will save money not having that stuff on there, and (3) we could always add it back later. Well Dad had a hissy fit over this because " we did not consult him". So everything is back on the rentals. I'm just watever. So now we just found out that there is a USC game on the same day as the wedding. c*%p. So, hahahaha, now, hahahaha, Daddy wants Mom to call the Highway Department to figure out where traffic is and if someone will be directing traffic. omg, hahahaha. its so not that big of a deal. Also, he asked Mom if we could move the reception to the churh. Are you Out Of Your Freakin Mind?!?!? NO NO NO! We already have a deposit down, we are going to taste the food on Saturday, and everything is set for this location!! No. OMG. Really dad? really?
I emailed him and told him to take a chill pill. I asked Mom what he said and she said he just laughed. I mean, come on daddy, this is why we are hiring people. So that THEY can take care of all this stuff; not you. Don't stress out! You are making me stress out! I'm the one getting married and I was not worried about any of this stuff. I'm still not! If it takes a little longer to get to the reception, then it will take a little longer. What matters is that by the end of the day Jeremy and I will be married! :) That's all that really matters in the long run. After a few years all of this planning and stressing will just be really funny memories and stories.

What do yall think?

No comments: