Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dark Shadows

I LOVED the Dark Shadows series. My Mom and I used to watch it all the time when I was little. For Mother's Day we took my Mom to see the new Tim Burton movie Dark Shadows. I thought it was hilarious! Johnny Depp was great as Barnabus Collins. The movie was delightfully gothic, funny, and very campy just like the series used to be. I thought this was really funny so I have to share:

Jeremy, who liked it also, had a few things he felt like he needed to point out, sometimes during the movie:
1. There were no grand pianos in the mid 18th century (the witch said she and Barnabus had fun on a piano)
2. There were no forks in the mid 18th century (Barnabus would not have known what a fork was and it would not have been in their silver collection)
3. The architecture of the Collins' house was all wrong for the time period
4. Maine was not Maine when the Collins built their house, it was still part of Massachusetts


Mom, on the other hand, pointed out that she had owned all of the records shown in the movie.

1 comment:

Aquinas' Goose said...

:D Love both Jeremy's and your mom's comments. Who ever thought a soap opera could become such a cult icon?